|Version 3 (modified by ali, 2 years ago) (diff)|
Welcome to Parsix GNU/Linux 0.90r1 Release Notes
Parsix GNU/Linux is a live and installation DVD based on Debian. Our goal is to provide a ready to use, easy to install, desktop and laptop optimized operating system based on Debian's testing branch and the latest stable release of GNOME desktop environment. Also it is possible to install extra software packages from Parsix APT repositories. Our annual release cycle consists of two major and four minor versions. We have our own software repositories and build servers to build and provide all the necessary updates and missing features in Debian testing branch.
What's New in 0.90r1?
0.90r1 release (codename 'Barry') is an updated version of 0.90x series that contains several fixes and improvements. Barry r1 introduces the project's first ever 64-bit edition and both 32 and 64-bit editions have been built from scratch using debootstrap.
Improved installer system The Parsix installer (p-i) since 0.90r0 supports fully integrated "Update Installation" mode within the main menu. Users with existing installations can update their system trough the installer in a fully graphical mode.
Other notable changes in the installer system are:
- lots of clean-ups
- fixed several minor defects
- Workaround for special hardware like DELL MM061 series
Updated/Added? Packages All packages have been synchronized with the Parsix and Debian repositories as Aug 15, 2007. Main changes are:
- GNOME 2.18.3
- X.Org 7.2.0
- GNU Iceweasel 220.127.116.11
- VIM 7.1
- GCC 4.2
Other Notable Changes in 0.90x series
- ((http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-parsix/book/compiled/parsix-book-1.0.0.pdf?op=file&rev=0&sc=0 Parsix Book)) 1.0.0 (Persian, 303 pages)
- Read/Write? mode is default for NTFS partitions (ntfs-3g)
- Replaced Sun Java with GCJ
- Replaced Gnomebaker with Brasero
- Replaced Totem with VLC
- New logout window.
Updating Existing Installations
Users with existing Parsix GNU/Linux installations can update their systems using APT or 0.90r1 CD-ROM. Updating with CD-ROM deletes all additional installed packages. So users who have custom installed packages, should reinstall them after update through updated Parsix on the hard disk. A package diff file is saved to /root/diffpackages-xxxxxxxx-xxxx.txt that can be used to reinstall additional packages. Just use a command like the following to use the diff file:
$ apt-get update && apt-get install `cat /root/diffpackages-xxxxxxxx-xxxx.txt`
If you are planning to update your system using apt, see BarryAptUpgrade here?.
- http://www.parsix.org/releases/0.90r1/parsix-0.90r1-changelog ChangeLog
- http://www.parsix.org/releases/0.90r1/parsix-0.90r1-i386-packages Full packages list (i386)
- http://www.parsix.org/releases/0.90r1/parsix-0.90r1-amd64-packages Full packages list (amd64)
- http://bugs.parsix.org/cgi-bin/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?resolution=FIXED Fixed bugs/Added features