Ticket #52 (closed defect: fixed)
Problems with upgrading from barry r0 to r1
|Reported by:||sh_roohani@…||Owned by:||alan@…|
Upgrading from Parsix 0.9r0 to Parsix 0.9r1 resulted in the following problems:
- GRUB removed my menu.lst and installed a new one, so my Windows Entry in the
old one was lost and I had to insert it manually in the newly installed menu.lst
- When I issue a GNOME command which requires root user authorization, eg.
administration commands like Services, or setting the time zone, a dialog
appears titled "Unsupported platform" and lists a few platforms for me to select
one. When I select Barry, my services dialog appears which is empty and there is
no service entries in that dialog.
- Regarding to the second Item, my time zone has been set to Africa/Accra? and
no matter how many times I set it to Tehran, as soon as I close the dialog, it
resets to Africa/Accra?.
- Regardless of answering no to request for resetting GNOME settings in the
upgrade process, it completely reset my GNOME menu, so I no longer have my
Programming submenu which was created while installing MySQL.
- I think my installed services are completely ignored, because no longer my
Apache and MySQL services start at start up, while they started before upgrading.
- I have a Drawer applet on my top panel, containing links to four of my
favorite ebooks. I had set four different icons for them before upgrading, and
after upgrading two of them have an 'X' mark instead of their icons, that is
they have no icon. I should mention that icons were not in my Linux partitions,
but they were in my NTFS partitions, and all partitions have been mounted well
after upgrading. I mean I have no mounting problem to result in loss of icons.